MOL aims to be a company that grows sustainably and harmoniously with society. We therefore carefully consider social issues to tackle, and work to help solve them based on the following three principles. Guided by these principles, we proactively undertake social contribution activities that only a shipping company with a global network can. In 2010, MOL established a new system for proposals on social contribution activities, whereby it widely solicits ideas from MOL Group employees worldwide to enhance its activities.
Principles of MOL's Social Contribution Activities
MOL engages in social contribution activities on the basis of the following principles.
- Contribute the United Nations Millennium Development Goals as a company growing in step with the global economy and social development.(*)
- Contribute to t protecting biodiversity and preserving nature as a company that impacts the environment to an extent and as a company that does business on the ocean, a rich repository of living organisms.
- Contribute to local communities as a good corporate citizen.
(*)One of the common frameworks that integrates the Millennium Declaration adopted at the United Nations Millennium Summit held in September 2000, and the International Development Goals that were adopted at major international conferences and summits in the 1990s. The Millennium Development Goals consist of specific numerical targets to be achieved by 2015 in eight fields, including "achieve universal primary education" and "reduce child mortality."
- Transporting Wheelchairs for the Disabled
- Various Employee-led Social Contribution Activities
- Visiting Various Schools and Donation of Supplies (December 2011)
- Participation in "Say NO to Plastic Bags" Campaign and Tree Planting
- Visiting Children's Homes
- Visiting Children's Homes and Donation of Gifts on the UN International Youth Day (August 2011)
- Supporting UN World Food Programme and Participating in Related Events.
- Assisting in Marine and Hydrographic Research
- Beach Cleanup
- Participation in Forest Planting and Thinning Activities
- Private-sector Company Training for Teachers
- Container Terminal Tours
- Response to the Great East Japan Earthquake
- Participation in a Charity Event Organized by Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (September 2011)
- Donation of the Proceeds from a Rummage Sale at a Children's Charity Event (November 2011)
- Donation of Shoes and Clothing to a Civil Defense Group (July 2011)