A series of natural disasters occurring around the world, including the Great East Japan Earthquake and flooding in Thailand. A global economic slowdown triggered by the European debt crisis. The public losing faith in institutions due to dysfunctional corporate governance, cruise ship accidents and other failures. 2011 was marked by a multitude of events that have prompted a reexamination of corporate social responsibility. The events have reaffirmed the societal mission of the MOL Group, which is to support people's lives and industry around the world.
The special features in this year's report explain details MOL's major CSR initiatives as a shipping company:
"Forging Ahead to Become the World Leader in Safe Operation"
This special feature outlines how measures to enhance safe operation - which are unique to MOL, including onboard efforts and support from onshore staff - are utilized in actual vessel operation.
This section covers the Emerald Ace, launched in June 2012 - the world's first hybrid car carrier equipped with solar panels and lithium-ion batteries - as one of the compilation of "Senpaku ISHIN," the concept of the next-generation vessel with a significantly lower environmental burden.
"Global Social Contribution Activities"
In this feature, the report introduces the principles of MOL's social contribution efforts and discusses activities worldwide based on those principles.
"Response to the Great East Japan Earthquake"
This special feature takes an in-depth look at the company's disaster-response measures and efforts to enhance its risk-management system.
In addition, the report introduces MOL Group businesses from the viewpoint of the reader, explaining how the MOL Group supports people's lives as well as global industry.
The company's goal is to make the MOL Group an excellent and resilient organization that grows sustainably and harmoniously with society while gaining the trust of stakeholders through those efforts.
- Environmental and Social Report 2012
- Download All [PDF/9.78MB]
Environmental and Social Report each section
- MOL Group Businesses [PDF/448KB]
- Top Message [PDF/152KB]
- Feature 1: Forging Ahead to Become the World Leader in Safe Operation [PDF/898KB]
- Feature 2: Senpaku ISHIN [PDF/556KB]
- Feature 3: Global Social Contribution Activities [PDF/497KB]
- Special Feature: Response to the Great East Japan Earthquake [PDF/224KB]
- MOL's Approach to CSR [PDF105/KB]
- CSR Program Targets and Results [PDF/95KB]
- Corporate Governance, Compliance and Accountability [PDF/108KB]
- Safe Operation [PDF/278KB]
- Environmental Management Policy [PDF/73KB]
- Environmental Targets and Results [PDF/92KB]
- Environmental Burden of the MOL Group [PDF/133KB]
- Approaches to Tackling Global Warming and Preventing Air Pollution [PDF/333KB]
- Approaches to Protecting Biodiversity and the Marine Environment [PDF/108KB]
- Group Companies' Initiatives [PDF/338KB]