MOL Names Mahe Shipping as Sole Agent in Seychelles for Launch of Calls at Mahe Port
April 04, 2006
TOKYO - Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. (MOL, President: Akimitsu Ashida) will launch its new EAX service on the Asia/East Africa route in April. The move, announced in November 2005, is aimed at expanding MOL services in the Indian Ocean.
At the same time, MOL appointed Mahe Shipping Co., Ltd. as a sole agent for its liner routes in the Republic of Seychelles, since the new service includes calls at Mahe Island, the country's largest island.
New Agent: Mahe Shipping Co., Ltd.
- The company's business activities include all agency operations concerning export and import cargo, such as ocean transport, air transport, and customs clearance.
- Headquarters: Victoria (Capital of the Republic of Seychelles)
Maritime House, Victoria, Mahe, Seychelles
Tel: +248-380500 Fax: +248-380538
New EAX Service
- Weekly service with five 700TEU containerships
- Start of service:MV EAX Sincerity Voyage 0617 sailing from Port Kelang on April 24, 2006
- Rotation:Port Kelang - Singapore - Colombo - Male (biweekly calls) - Mahe (biweekly calls) - Mombassa - Tanga (biweekly calls) - Dar Es Salaam - Mahe (biweekly calls) - Colombo - Port Kelang
- Transit time: Nine days from Singapore to Mahe