MOL Group Introduces
New Mid-term Management Plan GEAR UP! MOL
March 31, 2010
TOKYO - Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. (MOL, President: Akimitsu Ashida) today announced that the Group has introduced its new mid-term management plan named "GEAR UP! MOL" covering three (3) fiscal years starting from April 2010 to March 2013.
Challenge to Creative New Growth - In the uncertain business circumstances surrounding the shipping industry, where the world
economy is still at a recovery stage and shipbuilding capacity is expanding worldwide, we, MOL, are focused on achieving the following goals:
- 1) To be ahead of our competitors by:
- Making further global commitments to the growing market;
- Becoming the world leader in safe transportation;
- Responding accurately to our customers' needs;
- Strengthening our business intelligence.
- 2) To remain focused on a return to a growth path by identifying and acting on solutions to the challenges facing the shipping industry, and especially introducing a strategy on the environment issues foreseeing the future development in such a field.
Under the main theme of "Challenge to Create New Growth", following three overall strategies are set, together with plans of consolidated financial figures for each of the three years (FY2010 - 2012) as well as target for FY2015:
- "Recovery from Economic Crisis and Acceleration of Business Development in Growing Markets"
- "Enhance Safe Operation"
- "Environmental Strategy"
(Unit: billion yen)
(Assumption / Exchange rate: ¥90/US$, Bunker price: US$500/ton)
(Unit: No. of ships)
|The end of FY2009||The end of FY2012(Plan)||The end of FY2015(Target)|
Fleet Expansion Plan (Owned / Long-term chartered vessels)
(Unit: billion yen)
|Ships to Join||190 ships||160 ships||350 ships|
This plan and target are including forward-looking statements as of today. The forward-looking statements are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that include, but not limited to, world economic conditions, currency exchange rates. MOL therefore cautions readers that actual results may differ materially from these predictions.
- Attachment: Outline of MOL Group New Mid-term Management Plan (FY2010 - 2012)
- For detailed information, please visit our web site: https://www.mol.co.jp/en/ir/