Post-quake Update on Support for Victims of the Great East Japan Earthquake
- MOL Extends Period to Transport Aid Supplies from Overseas -
June 01, 2011
TOKYO - Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. (MOL; President: Koichi Muto) today announced its decision to extend the period it will transport aid supplies from overseas until the end of August to assist victims of the Great East Japan Earthquake and reconstruction of the quake- and tsunami-stricken areas. The other conditions remain unchanged as follows:
- Items covered:
- Grant aid supplies from public institutions such as governmental agencies and municipalities or government-approved aid organizations to be shipped to disaster areas by the Great East Japan Earthquake. However, some of items such as dangerous articles, animals, and other regulated items may not be accepted. Please contact MOL or an agent for details.
- Type of transport:
- By containerships (dry containers)
- Loading ports:
- Overseas ports that our-operated vessels directly call in
- Unloading ports:
- Ports in Japan that our-operated vessels directly call in
- Coverage of transport:
- From container yards in loading ports to container yards in unloading ports
- Conditions of acceptance:
- - Contacts of both consigners and consignees are clearly identified, and customs clearance procedures both at departure and arrival port, and procedures of land transport must be arranged by the consigners and consignees without fail.
- Acceptance may be adjusted depending on spaces of operated vessels and situations at terminals.
- Aid supplies delivered to container yards at the loading ports before the end of August 2011. As shipping capacity is limited, transport of those supplies will be on a first-come first-shipped basis.
Please contact for vehicles and other supplies that cannot be loaded in containers.
* To apply for shipment of supplies, contact the nearest MOL office or agent.
MOL continues its effort to assist the reconstruction of the quake- and tsunami-stricken areas, drawing upon the entire MOL Group network.