MOL LNG Carrier Rescues a Fisherman from Disabled Boat
- Near Mindanao Island of the Republic of the Philippines -
August 20, 2013
TOKYO - Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. (MOL; President: Koichi Muto) today announced that on August 17, the MOL-managed LNG carrier Energy Advance found and rescued one fisherman on a fishing boat that had been drifting without sufficient fuel about 300km east of the Mindanao Island.
The rescue went as follows:
- At 13:00 of August 17 (local time), the Energy Advance, out of Sodegaura, Japan, bound for Dampier, Australia, found a fishing boat that had run out of fuel.
- At 13:44 on the same day, the fisherman aboard the fishing boat was rescued.
- He was turned over to the Port Authority of the Republic of the Philippines at 13:55 on August 18.
Outline of Energy Advance
- Gross Tonnage: 119,233 MT
- Length: 289.53m
- Seafarers: 10 Japanese, 18 Indonesians
- Registry: Japan