MOL Revises Corporate Mission, Group Vision, and Group Values (MOL CHART"S")
April 01, 2021
TOKYO-Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. (MOL; President & CEO: Takeshi Hashimoto) today announced revisions to the MOL Group Corporate Principles, Group Vision, and Group Values (MOL CHART) effective April 1.
The group has moved ahead with various businesses under the MOL Group Corporate Principles established in 2001. Amid rising environmental awareness including moves toward decarbonization and higher expectations for corporations to contribute to a sustainable society, the revisions reflect the expansion of the group's business domain outside of the transport sector, and subsequently mirror its changing sense of values and affirm its raison d'être in society as it strives for further growth. In addition, looking ahead in detail to the next 10 years, MOL has revised its group vision.
The MOL Group also revised "MOL CHART," which was introduced in 2015 to convey the core values embraced by all group employees, by adding an "S" for "Safety." The group renewed its commitment to safe operation by incorporating safety, as the group's highest priority, into the Group Values. At the same time, it redefined "R" from signifying "Reliability" to "Respond to trust of stakeholders."
The revised MOL Group Corporate Mission, Group Vision, and MOL CHARTS will support the future of MOL Group as its new compass in coming years.
MOL Group Corporate Mission
From the blue oceans, we sustain people's lives and ensure a prosperous future.
MOL Group Vision
We will develop a variety of social infrastructure businesses in addition to traditional shipping businesses, and will meet the evolving social needs including environmental conservation, with innovative technology and services.
MOL group aims to be a strong and resilient corporate group that provides new value to all stakeholders and grows globally.
MOL Group Values: MOL CHARTS
- Innovate through insight
- Proactively develop business opportunities by staying ahead of the curve.
- Make innovation for the further growth of the company.
- Do the right thing
- Keep compliance as a Top Priority.
- Ensure that actions comply with social norms and the highest ethical standards.
- Commit to acting with a sense of ownership
- Tackle tasks with a sense of ownership and in cooperation with stakeholders.
- Gain the trust of stakeholders
- See things from the customers’ perspective, and deliver service that exceeds their expectations.
- Seize the initiative in social issues and take responsibility for your behavior.
- Build a strong team
- Encourage open communication with mutual respect.
- Share knowledge, experience, expertise and skills, and foster the next generation.
- Pursue the world’s highest level of safety culture
- Maintain a safety-first attitude and strive to reinforce safety awareness
- Return to basics by comprehending workplace safety.