Privacy Protection Policies
Issued: March 25, 2005
Revised: March 11, 2016
Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd.
President & CEO Takeshi Hashimoto
Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. (MOL) recognizes the importance of personal information in today's advanced information-telecommunication (IT) based society, and believes its proper management is a critical element of MOL's corporate social responsibility.
To ensure necessary and appropriate protection of personal information related to MOL business activities such as global ocean shipping, MOL strictly respects the privacy of personal information and other standards, and has developed strict and comprehensive policies to ensure privacy. In addition, MOL management and employees strictly respect these policies when handling and managing personal information.
- MOL has assigned a manager to oversee the protection and appropriate management of personal information.
- MOL acquires personal information by legal and ethical methods, and at the same time, devotes its utmost attention to making sure it is used for purposes that are clearly specified in advance.
- MOL appropriately and carefully manages personal information it acquires. The company also takes security countermeasures to prevent unauthorized access to personal information, and loss, destruction, falsification, and leakage of personal information.
- In case MOL uses personal information acquired by MOL jointly with MOL group companies, such joint use will be in accordance with "MOL Policy on Joint Use of Personal Information" separately provided by MOL.
- When outsourcing handling of personal information, MOL will insist that outsourced companies takes steps to ensure appropriate management of the information to prevent leaks of personal or confidential information, and prohibit re-use of information for other purposes.
- MOL strictly respects the privacy of personal information, and will respond immediately with appropriate measures when it is necessary to disclose, correct, stop using, or eliminate contents of information.
- MOL repeatedly reviews its internal system to manage the protection of personal information to ensure consistent performance and constant improvement.