MOL launches joint services between Asia and East Coast South America
- For improved efficiency and wider connectivity -
May 18, 2015
Tokyo, May 18, 2015 - Mitsui O.S.K. Lines (MOL) today announced the launch of new joint services with Maersk Line (ML) and Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC) between the major trading hub of Asia and key ports in East coast of South America.
MOL's existing service 'CSW' will be upgraded into 2 strategic services to be jointly operated by the 3 shipping lines for improved product efficiency, wider connectivity with our existing network over the key transshipment ports and more direct port coverage in Asia and East coast of South America.
Port coverage of the new joint services will be as follows:
- Busan - Shanghai - Ningbo - Chiwan - Yantian - Hong Kong - Singapore - Santos - Paranagua - Buenos Aires - Montevideo - Rio Grande - Paranagua - Santos - Coega - Singapore - Hong Kong - Busan
- Chiwan - Yantian - Hong Kong - Singapore - Santos - Sepetiba - Itajai - Navegantes - Sao Francisco do Sul - Santos - Sepetiba - Cape Town - Durban - Singapore - Chiwan
ML and MSC will each operate 6 ships on ‘SW2’. MOL will operate 10 ships on ‘CSW’. The new joint services are expected to start with the first vessel departure from Asia during the first week of July, 2015.
* Port rotation is subject to change.
* Please visit www.molpower.com for further information.