Technological Innovation - MOL's Projects
The ISHIN NEXT - MOL SMART SHIP PROJECT, launched in November 2016, is at the core of MOL's initiatives to promote technological development under the concepts of safe operation and environment-friendliness, in cooperation with group companies and outside partners. We have promoted technological innovations on the themes of safety and the environment for many years. Today, we also work to develop more advanced safe operation support technology and measures to reduce our environmental impact, while proactively adopting rapidly-growing technologies in the digital field to meet increasing social needs such as achievement of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and contribute to realizing a sustainable society. In addition, we are confident that our development of advanced safe operation support technology will contribute to autonomous sailing in the future.
Advanced Support Technologies for Safer Vessel Operation
- The "FOCUS" Project : Utilization of Big Data related to navigation and engines on MOL-operated vessels
- Predictive diagnosis of equipment on board: Introducing the 'CMAX'
- Vibration Sensors Can Predict Abnormalities in Rotary Machinery
- Development of new ship image recognition technologies
- Developing an Auto Berthing/Unberthing System
- Research on Advanced Navigation Support System Shows the Way to Automatic Collision Avoidance
- Developing Watch-keeping Support Technology Using Augmented Reality
- 'Vessel View VR' Allows Virtual Ship Visits
- Developing Mariner Safety Education Tool Using VR Goggles
- Project for sharing VDR data between ship and shore
- Toward an Automatic Ocean Weather Observation/Automatic Transmission System