Adopted: November 22, 2018
Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd.
Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. ("Company") hereby prescribes the policy on the stance and actions, which the directors, officers and employees of the Company ("Directors, Officers and Employees") are required to follow, in relation to the administration of official social media accounts.
- (1) Objectives of Policy
This policy prescribes the stance and actions, which the Directors, Officers and Employees are required to follow, in order to have good communications with customers through social media.
- (2) Definition of Social Media
"Social media" for the purpose of this policy means all media, which can transmit personal information and through which unspecified number of users can view and communicate via Internet, such as Instagram and Facebook.
- (3) Awareness and Responsibility upon Use of Social Media
- Upon transmission of information via Internet, the Directors, Officers and Employees shall be aware at all times that social media is easily and instantly available to unspecified number of users.
- The Directors, Officers and Employees shall be fully aware that transmission of information by each individual will become subject to recognition, discussion and criticism and will have an impact which is not small.
- Upon transmission of information, the Directors, Officers and Employees shall strictly comply with laws, regulations and internal rules prescribed by the Company.
- (4) Mindset for Using Social Media
- The Directors, Officers and Employees shall not forget the stance to attentively listen to and respect the statements of customers using social media.
- The Directors, Officers and Employees shall be responsible for transmitting and dealing with information and shall bear in mind not to cause any misunderstandings to or offend any customers.
- The Directors, Officers and Employees shall endeavor to transmit true and accurate information.
- With respect to the transmission of information containing private or personal information, the Directors, Officers and Employees shall transmit such information in accordance with laws, regulations and Company’s internal rules.
- The Directors, Officers and Employees understand that once the information has been disclosed, such information cannot be deleted completely and will remain forever.
- (5) Compliance with All Applicable Laws and Regulations
- The Directors, Officers and Employees shall comply with all applicable laws and regulations. In particular, the Directors, Officers and Employees shall not engage in any act that infringes any copyright, trademark right and/or portrait right, libels or slanders anyone, and/or otherwise infringes any right.
- The Directors, Officers and Employees shall take appropriate safety control measures and shall endeavor to make continuous improvements, in order to properly handle personal information pursuant to this policy and the Privacy Protection Policies.
- In addition to this policy, the Company shall adopt internal rules concerning the use of social media.
- (6) Information for and Requests to Customers
- Please refer to terms and conditions of use on the applicable social media when using the official social media account of the Company and ancillary services.
- The information transmitted via social media does not always express the official view due to the characteristics of social media. The official announcements and views of the Company are announced on its website and press releases, etc.
- There may be times when the Company will cite the opinions and comments received from customers and/or use them in the future activities and marketing, etc. of the Company.
- The communication method (e.g., response method, response time, etc.) differs depending on the account. For details, please refer to the profiles of official accounts, etc. The Company has no obligation to provide response and may delete any comments from users concerning the accounts which the Company determines as inappropriate.
- Please note that the information is information as of the time when the information was transmitted and is subject to change thereafter.
- (7) Questions on Social Media Use Policy
For any questions on the Social Media Use Policy, please see "Career at MOL".