MOL News Highlights for 2019
- Looking at MOL from Press Release Access Rankings -
December 26, 2019
TOKYO-Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. (MOL; President & CEO: Junichiro Ikeda) today announced access rankings for its news releases during 2019.
MOL, in its management plan “Rolling Plan 2019”, has been razing its 10-year-vision as “Become a Group of Business Units with No.1 Competitiveness in Respective Areas”. The objectives to achieve this vision are set as “1. Concentrated investment of management resources in the business fields where MOL has strengths, which will mainly be offshore businesses”, “2. Provision of ‘stress-free services,’ which MOL will offer from the customer’s perspective”, and “3. Promotion of environmental strategies and development of the emission-free business into a core business”.
The following 14 topics are divided into 3 categories based on above objectives.
In the coming year 2020, MOL will move ahead on its efforts to promote safe operation together with profitability to be the best choice for our customers as a sustainable partner.
1. Concentrated investment of management resources
- MOL Signs Deal for Long-term Charter Contract of LNG Bunkering Vessel with Singapore's State Energy Company Pavilion Gas - Supplying LNG Fuel at World's Largest Bunkering Port -
- MOL and Karpowership (Karpower International B.V.) are to collaborate on the LNG to Powership business - Cooperation in Sales and Investment fields between World's Largest Floating Power Plant Company and Largest FSRU Operator in Asia -
- MOL and Karpowership announce the first LNG-to-Powership project under the co-brand "KARMOL" to be delivered in Nacala, Mozambique
2. Provision of "stress-free services," from the customer's perspective
- MOL, JBIC, and NOVATEK Sign Cooperation Agreement for LNG Transshipment Projects in Kamchatka and Murmansk
- New challenge on development of Northern Sea Route Transportation - MOL Sign a MOU with Makarov University on cooperation in Northern Sea Route operations and cadetship programme -
- Auto Berthing and Un-Berthing Demonstration Test Conducted
- MOL to Install AR Navigation System on 21 VLCCs - Supporting Watch-keeping and Ship Operation during Voyages to Ensure World-leading Level of Safety -
3. Promotion of environmental strategies
- MOL Group to Build Japan's 1st LNG-fueled Ferries: Sunflower Kurenai and Sunflower Murasaki -Large Ferries Reduce Environmental Impact with Cutting-edge Technology and Compliance with Modal Shift, While Inheriting a Proud Tradition of Service –
- Asahi Tanker, Exeno Yamamizu, MOL and MC Agree on Strategic Partnership To Develop Zero-emission Fully Electric Vessels
- LNG-fueled Tugboat Ishin Undergoes 1st LNG Bunkering Trial in Port of Kobe - Contributing to Development of LNG Bunkering Ports and Wider Use of LNG as Marine Fuel -
- MOL to Issue Sustainability Bonds - Issue to Includes Japan's 1st Sustainability Bonds Aimed at Individual Investors, 'MOL Blue Ocean Sustainability Bonds' -
- MOL and Tohoku Electric Power to Move ahead Full-scale Study on Installation of Wind Challenger -Staring World's 1st Coal Carrier with a ‘Sail' to Achieve Environmental and Economic Objectives -
- MOL Led to Launch a Working Group for Zero Emission Alternative Fuel - Project Aims to Reduce GHGs Emissions across Industries -
- Kyuden signs Agreement with NYK and MOL for the World's First LNG-fueled Large Coal Carrier - Reduction of GHG Emission by implementing LNG Fuel -