Further enhancing initiatives to reduce environmental impact as an Environmentally Advanced Company
The Paris Agreement was established, United Nation's Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) were adopted, and the International Maritime Organization reinforced various environmental regulations in recent years. Concern continues to grow regarding ways to protect the global environment, including measures to prevent global warming. The MOL Group established the "MOL Group Environmental Vision 2030" in April 2017 to clarify its stance on addressing global environmental conservation as an advanced environmental corporation.
- Environmental Policy Statement
- Encapsulates the MOL Group's approach to environmental management.
- MOL Group Environmental Vision 2.0
- The MOL Group is taking innovative steps towards environmental issues.
- Promoting Environmental and Emission Free Businesses
- MOL Group develop and promote it to be a core business for next generation.
- Ocean Shipping's Impact on the Environment
- Ocean shipping is rather an environment-friendly mode, with lower emissions per ton-mile of CO2 and other air pollutants.
- Organizational Structure
- Original management system to effectively promote environmental initiatives.
Addressing Environmental Issues with Advanced Technologies
Viewing environmental regulations as a business opportunity and a strategy for differentiation, MOL proactively develops and adopts advanced technologies that reduce the environmental impact of our business and set the stage for real solutions to global environmental issues.
It is not really possible for a single nation to regulate merchant vessels, because they move all over the world, so international initiatives are indispensable. The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) in the Kyoto Protocol directs the International Maritime Organization (IMO) to study measures to control greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in international ocean shipping. Currently, IMO studies, adopts, and issues various international conventions and regulations.
MOL continues its company-wide efforts to ensure compliance with a wide variety of environmental regulations.
- Environmental Regulation introduced to Shipping industry
- Prevention of Global Warming
- Measures to Reduce CO2
- Prevention of Air Pollution
- Measures to Reduce NOx, SOx and Soot/Smoke etc
- Conservation of Ocean Environment
- For protecting environment of marine, which is not only a repository of marine life, but our business field.
- Conservation of Biodiversity
- Initiatives to protect biodiversity.
- Aiming for Leadership in Environmental Protection
- We visited Fujifilm Corporation, which consistently expands its range of businesses and grows by developing innovative technologies, to take part in a dialogue on the theme of "innovation."
- Group Companies' Initiatives
- Environmental Activities of the Group Companies
- Environmental Activities Results
- Environmental Activities Targets in the Midterm Management Plan
- Environmental Data
- Environmental data of MOL Group such as CO2 emissions, Electricity and Environmental Accounting etc